V/A - Uneven Paths: Deviant Pop From Europe 1980-1991 (2xLP)
Uneven Paths: Deviant Pop From Europe 1980-1991 is the second multiple artist compilation on Music From Memory and is compiled by record connoisseur Raphael Top-Secret and label man Jamie Tiller. The compilation brings together twenty one tracks from across the continent; exploring the more unusual and unexpected sides of Pop music produced during that period.
Drawing material from cult experimental artists such as Steve Beresford, Brenda Ray and Bill Nelson alongside one-off independent musical projects rescued from the fringes, ’Uneven Paths’ focuses on a selection of tracks that go beyond the confines of mainstream pop music but which also transcend expectations of much of the ’experimental’ music of the time. This is music with one foot in the avant-garde and another foot firmly rooted within the sensibilities of Pop; where Jazz musicians detour into Synth-Pop, Punk bands break into Boogie jams, and student doctors jam out on odd melodies with synthesizers and drum machines during their night shifts.
1. Nightfall In Camp - Cada Dia
2. Stroer Duo Howard Fine - Nomad Song
3. Tony Hymas - Pictures Of Departure
4. Violet Eves - Listen Over The Ocean
5. Miko & Mubare - Komoma Ya-Ya-Ya
6. Piscine Et Charles - Quart De Tour, Mon Amour
7. John Makin & Friends - No Lie
8. Nonobstant - Jessica
9. Wolfgang Klingler, Thomas Heimes, Hans-Christian Mittag - Nach Dienst
10. Sound On Sound - Depression
11. Pete Brandt's Method - What You Are
12. Lost Gringos - Tambo Machay
13. Vanakos - I Hate Disco.. Not The Dance
14. Brenda And The Beachballs - Dancing Thru' The Night
15. Patrick Forgas - Sex Move
16. Xavier Jouvelet - Oeuf En Clock
17. Lou Blic - Mineralite
18. Steve Beresford - Comfortable Gestures
19. Bill Nelson's Orchestra Arcana - The Whole City Between Us
20. Harte 10 - Happy New Year
21. Monica Rypma - Hey, Where You Goin!